Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Writing to The Times is an ego trip satisfied when they publish. Like many I tend to rant and get things of my chest by the mere act of writing. There is no real expectation that amongst the many letters they receive they will publish mine. They used to do so over the last twenty years but I had assumed that they were no longer interested in my wisdom (?) and I was therefore surprised when they published my views on public schools and education.

The thrust of what I wanted to say was my immediately previous blog which was improved by a little sub-editing and appeared in the edition of 9 March alongside one from a Headmaster.

The point I was trying to make, I suppose, was that the politics of envy contributes nothing while the politics of aspiration just might.

No comments: