Thursday, March 01, 2007

It was my birthday yesterday and Maura treated me to lunch. We set out for a very nice Pub outside Winchester. On the way there we were about to pass Lainston House where Maura had dined frequently but as far as I can remember I had not eaten before. On a whim, not normally associated with those in their 73rd year, we aborted on the pub and went to the country hotel.

There are certain things in life that distinguish excellence and most of them were evident in this superb hotel. The set lunch was magnificent and I had a couple of glasses of the very drinkable House Cabernet. The service was friendly and first class without being unctuous.

A strong recommend to the many who enjoy the good things in life.

1 comment:

Matt Dean said...

I have tried to eat there but they were full; always a good sign.
On that occassion, we ate at The Plough at Sparsholt which was excellent and in the vinicity.
Many happy returns by the way Bill!